The Aussie BBQ is a staple at Christmas time for families – you can sit outside in the beautiful weather, relax with friends and neighbours and get stuck into delicious flame-grilled food. So why not use this easy-going setting as the theme for your office Christmas party?
A BBQ party means you won't have to handle the stress of finding somewhere with enough space for all your guests.
The BBQ theme suits any number of guests
Whether your business has several or several hundred employees, an outdoor setting suits. Renting a public park space or outdoor venue complete with BBQ equipment is easy.
Function spaces like hotel ballrooms and event centres are often booked out for months in advance leading up to December – a BBQ-themed party means you won't have to handle the stress of finding somewhere with enough space for all your guests. Organising an outdoor function has a number of other advantages that, when aided with audio-visual production assistance, makes them the best for Christmas time:
- A BBQ theme has a relaxed vibe – encourage a dressed-down event of shorts and thongs. Making your company event feel like a party with friends and family is easier outdoors than in a more formal setting.
- It can be difficult to cater to everyone's tastes at a Christmas event – luckily, BBQs have something for everyone. Plus, the hands-on aspect of the cooking is a good conversation starter.
- The staging, lights and sound in an outdoor setting are easy to transport, install and remove.
Beat the Christmas stress
Sorting out the behind-the-scenes for your function can be stressful no matter what though. The thought of going to a dozen different companies to plan your event and get the equipment you need is a hassle most businesses can do without. Additionally, choosing a BBQ theme poses the logistical problem of setting up lighting away from multiple power sources and finding a sound system that will work with outdoor acoustics. You need a professional all-in-one production company.
The advantages of working with an all-in-one audio-visual production company
Trying to capture the spirit of a classic BBQ requires just the right playlist and audio equipment to set the mood;
- For smaller affairs, a simple sound system or speaker set will be perfect – and CMS Australasia have a range of sound equipment to suit what your requirements.
- For larger functions, you may be considering hiring a band – but you have no idea how to begin with sorting it out. CMS Australasia offer professional speaker systems for live music events, and also can handle stage assembly and deconstruction before and after your event.
We also offer technical advice and equipment hire on lighting – meaning your Christmas fun can continue long into the night!
Take the easy route with your Christmas party – and give the classic Aussie BBQ a Christmassy feel! Contact the team at CMS Australasia for more information on how we can help.